Note that you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. However, whenever you choose to provide us with any of your Personal Information (for example, by contacting us and providing us with your name, contact details or any other PII), we will deem such information to have been provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein, or as otherwise agreed at the time of your provision of such information to us. In any event, you can opt out of submitting any of your Personal Information, or can delete or amend it at any time, as described in the ‘Accessing Your PII and Opting Out’ section below.
Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we may automatically collect certain technical information about your computer and/or device from which you access the Site (IP address, OS version, network status, etc.) and user activity (downloads, history, clicks on ads, links, etc.).
Your Personal Information may also be collected when you voluntarily submit it to us by way of contacting us directly and providing us with such details as your name, age, contact details, geographic location, professional title, and any other information that you may voluntarily submit to us.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about any individuals who are under the legal age in their respective jurisdiction. If we later learn that any user of our Site is under the legal age, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our databases. If you are aware of any such use of our Site or submission of Personal Information by persons under the legal age in their respective jurisdiction, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you informed of our latest research, programs, events or other announcements.
- To administer sweepstakes, contests, and conduct surveys.
- To communicate with you, address your queries, concerns, etc.
- To improve our Site and/or services or information offered through the Site (for example, through analyzing collected information and applying such analysis to improve user experience on our Site, tailor the information provided on the Site, etc.) .
- We may combine your PII with publicly available information and information we receive from cross-reference with third parties. By combining this information, we are better able to communicate with you and address the needs for which you have contacted us (e.g. recruitment).
- To send you informative or marketing materials about Taub Center and its work. If you do not want to receive any more communications from us, you are able to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading “Unsubscribe“. When we use your contact details to send you any such informative or marketing materials, the message itself will carry important instructions as to the method of removal from the distribution list (should you so choose).
In addition to the above, we reserve the right to use information you provide to us for any purposes specifically agreed by you at the time of providing such information to us.
Use of Anonymous or Pseudonymized Information
We may use or share “Anonymous or Pseudonymized Information” (i.e. information which does not enable identification of an individual user, non-Personal Information, aggregated information or Personal Information in non-human readable form) in any of the circumstances listed above, as well as for the purpose of improving our Site and/or our research work, aggregating statistics for the conduct of our research activities and in order to enhance your experience with the Site and/or information we may offer on the Site. If we combine Personal Information with Anonymous or Pseudonymized Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains so combined.
Accessing Your PII and Opting Out
As required by applicable law, we enable you to view, amend or delete the PII that we have collected from you. To do so, contact our customer support at email@example.com and detail your request.
In addition, we provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your PII used for any of the purposes listed above. In order to do so, contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a request to this effect, including any relevant details.
How We May Share Your Information
We may disclose your PII, or any information you submitted to us, as follows:
- to our service providers, consultants or third parties in our network in connection with Taub Center’s activities;
- if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or governmental requests;
- for investigating, detecting, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we strive to maintain industry standard information security standards in order to protect information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we apply appropriate and standard security measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any specific questions or security concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Interaction with Third Party Services
We may also gather certain technical information automatically and store it in log files, and use “cookies” and other similar technologies in providing our services to you. Cookies and other similar tracking technologies (such as web beacons, pixel tags, scripts, tags, etc.) allow us to collect information about our users, their devices and their online behavior automatically, which we can then use to enhance your navigation on the Site, improve our services, personalize your user experience, and collect statistics about user preferences, behavior, etc. and administer a variety of other analytical tasks.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your computer or mobile device while you are viewing it. Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our services quicker and easier. Aside from session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, our Site also uses such persistent cookies as Google Analytics and Facebook pixel.
You may disable cookies by following the instructions of your browser preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site and/or services we may offer may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain any Personal Information that we collect only for as long as is required for the purposes for which such PII is collected, and in any event will delete any such PII following any opt out request received from you. We reserve the right to retain a copy of the opt-out request and any necessary accompanying details for administrative and regulatory compliance purposes only.
Last updated: June 2, 2021