Among the principle factors were:
- the political ideological changes in the years 2000-2005;
- the radical change in the welfare system;
- organizational changes in the welfare system itself that have been instituted in the past few years;
- programmatic changes that were introduced in many welfare programs with the purpose of changing the long-term characteristics and basis of these programs;
- and, the wide-ranging state initiated cutbacks in the majority of social programs and social safety net.
This paper appears as a chapter in the book Formulating Social Policy in Israel, Uri Aviram, Johnny Gal and Yosef Katan (editors).
This paper is in Hebrew only.